Heroes (Advertisers)
Purchase the best NY Yankees Game Tickets from Ticket Brokers Vivid Seats which include NY Giants Tickets, New York Mets Tickets, Knicks NBA Tickets, Rangers Hockey Tickets, Islanders Tickets, Jersey Boys Tickets, , Madison Square Garden Event Tickets New Jersey NBA Nets Tickets and Devils NHL Games .

Find New York Yankees tickets and other hot MLB tickets at CTC! We carry Cardinals baseball tickets, Red Sox tickets in Boston, Detroit Tigers tickets, Dodgers tickets and World Series tickets as well as New York Giants tickets and hot show tickets, including Coldplay concert tickets, Conan O'Brien tickets, NY theater tickets and Broadway show tickets.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

View blog authority
eXTReMe Tracker
ALDS Roster - Let's Do This Thang
Wednesday, October 03, 2007
Per Senor Torre's press conference today....

The lineup for tomorrow will be as follows:
Johnny "I've Been Hitting Better, Stop Calling Me Demon" Damon
Jeter Jeter Pumpkin Eater
Bobby "Jesus Helps Those Who Point To The Sky After Every Goddamn At-Bat, Just Ask Sammy" Abreu
Alex "Clutchosity is My Middle Name, For Reals Guys" Rodriguez
Jorgie Porgie Pudding and Pie
Hideki "Knee Fluid Is The New Martini" Matsui (DH)
Robby "Did Anyone Notice That I Stole 4 Bases But Got Caught 5 Times? I'm Gonna Stick To Hitting" Cano
Melk-Man
Mientkicantspellhisname

The B-Squad (which looks pretty damn good!)
Wilson "My Last Name > Yours" Betemit
Giambino
Shelley Duncan, Spirit Coordinator Extraordinaire
Jose "Catching Ability Is Genetic" Molina
Bronson "I'm Sorry, I Know No One Is Able To Think Of Anything But Sardines When They Talk About Me" Sardinha

And the pitchers we'll be biting our nails throughout the ALDS for will be:
Rotation

Wangster
Prince Pettitte
Rocket
Lil Baby Hughesie
Mike "Pussina" Mussina

Pen
Ross "I Went To Princeton, Where Did You Go To School?" Ohlendorf
The Viz
Farnsworthless
Jose "My Middle Name Is Enger; No Really, That Is Actually My Middle Name" Veras
Jobamania
Mo-Mo


Thoughts? Predictions?

Labels:

posted by Yankees Chick @ Wednesday, October 03, 2007  
12 Comments:
  • At 2:33 PM, Blogger Werner said…

    I predict that Professor Kyle "Good News, Everybody -- I've just blown a three run lead!" Farnsworth will blow at least one critical lead in the postseason.

    I can't decide whether I think Alex is going to choke or not. I hope he doesn't, as it likely means his departure from the Bombers. However, my instincts tell me he will.

    Players to Watch: Melky, "Mankayvitch," Joba.

    Players to Watch (While Drinking Heavily): Mussina, Farnsworth.

     
  • At 4:48 PM, Blogger John Young said…

    So inquiring minds want to know…how is New York treating you? I mean besides the fact that you are in my dismayed team’s back yard and all.

    Great job you are doing with your blog and hope to see more sympathy for us Mets fans from you. Circa your last run down of the league.

    John Young
    Shea Nation

     
  • At 4:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    farnsworth will be ok as long as he pitches w/overhead windup as he then can't see what he's doing; even with bases loaded, unless of course the bases got loaded while he was pitching w/windup.
    also this is the postseason A-Rod earns his HOF berth. just go out there and have fun A-R.

     
  • At 4:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Only a thought...wish Joe could have found a spot for Ian Kennedy. Any idea why he would not have been as valuable as Veras or el WorthlessUno.

     
  • At 5:31 PM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    I have more faith in Farnsy than I do in many of the other pitchers--such as Bruney, etc.

    As long as they use Farnsworth sparingly, and NOT in the ninth inning, I think we'll be fine.



    I don't feel an A-Rod choke this year. Something tells me that this year is different.

     
  • At 6:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    --From A Member of Red Sox Nation--

    As much as it hurts to say...

    Yankees in 4.

    Roger "My Rocket is out of Fuel" Clemens will get shelled in game three, otherwise, smooth sailing for the damn Yanks.

    See you in the ALCS.

     
  • At 6:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    just so you know my heart isn't completely made of stone: the Joba Chamberlain and his dad seeing him pitch in KC got me al choked up. Seeing a grown man tear up over watching his son succeed in the bigs is enough to reduce me to a pile of mush.

    Don't take too much stock in my words adrian because I'm not paid for this, but I feel A-Rod is gone no matter what. It is of my understanding that Cashman approached Boras with the intent to talk extension (or so the reports I've read on ESPN have stated) and they turned him down without talking, opting to "test the market."

    Now, let's be honest, the Yankees can give A-Rod whatever he wants. And there's certainly enough speculation out there as to how much he could potentially receive, so if A-Rod truly wanted to stay in New York, he'd have said, no prob, let's talk $30 million a season.

    My guess? A-Rod ends up in So Ca, playing for the Angels, because Maureen told him the whole "living in New York" thing isn't permanent. I'd expect him and his wife to get divorced shortly thereafter, and since Mo doesn't seem like the easy type, a long courting process to follow.

     
  • At 7:57 PM, Blogger Keith R.A. DeCandido said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 7:59 PM, Blogger Keith R.A. DeCandido said…

    When I do liveblogs on www.replacementlevel.com (*cough* cheap plug *cough*) I refer to Damon as "Sexy Calves" thanks to . So that might work better than "Demon." Just sayin'. :)

     
  • At 8:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Given this season of manic-depressive play of the Yanks, I wouldn't be too surprised if the sweep the Indians or are swept themselves.

    Don't feel the intensity there anymore as when Paul O'Neill, Scott Brosius, Elvis, Girardi and the rest of the team went into the playoffs. Some of these guys strike me as they could really care less if they win.

     
  • At 10:19 PM, Blogger Wolf In Pinstripes said…

    Loving the roster names. Too bad Brian "What, I have to PLAY my way onto the roster?" Bruney couldn't join the party.

    Great stuff as always, YC.

     
  • At 8:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Clueless- Ian Kennedy isn't on the roster because of a bad back. He might be good to go for the ALCS.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Yankees Chick Tweets!
Fun Fact O' The Week

In 2009 Curtis Granderson published a book: All You Can Be: Dream It, Draw It, Become It! Granderson "shares the lessons that he learned growing up--the importance of family and choosing the right friends, the power of listening and staying positive, and most important, the value of being yourself."
Interleague Play: Love it or Leave it?
Hate it
Love it
Indifferent
Interwho?
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com
Previous Poll Results
Which Former Yank Free Agent Would You Most Like to See in Pinstripes in 2010?
Johnny Damon 53%
Chien-Ming Wang 26%
Xavier Nady 8%
Jose Molina 6%
Jason Giambi 6%
Jeff Weaver 2%
Catch up! Recent Posts
What'd You Miss? Archives
About Me

Name: Yankees Chick
Home: San Diego, CA, United States
About Me: Just your average 26 year old Yankees lovin' gal from the SD.
See my complete profile
Blog Faves
Subscribe
 Add to RSS

Add to Google
Subscribe in Bloglines
Search!
Google